We wholeheartedly accept and appreciate donations of products for inclusion in our care packages. While we have our general list of products included in our care packages, this is not necessarily our need at this time. Please see our list below and make sure that all products donated meet our requirements.
In addition, please consider making a monetary donation to support the shipment of these packages. Without postage funds, these products will not reach their intended recipients. Each care package weighing approximately 10 lbs. costs $16 to ship.
Click here for downloadable pdf instructions.
BASED ON OUR AVAILABLE SUPPLY AT THIS TIME (9/2017):
Please DO NOT donate the following:
- chapstick/lip balm
- body wash
- body lotion
- face wipes
- hand cream/lotion
- makeup (mascara, eyeliner, lip color)
- face wash/exfoliators/acne wash
- current (within last 6 months) women’s magazines or activity books
(If you have already collected the above-listed items, we will still accept them and use them.)
Please DO donate the following:
- tampons/sanitary napkins (individually wrapped)
- nail care products (nail clippers, nail files, cuticle pushers)
- facial moisturizers/face masks
- ethnic hair products
- leave-in conditioner
- hair ties (not scrunchies)
- bobby pins
- small packets of tissue
- small packets of cotton swabs
- books (not horror, psychological thrillers, murder stories)
- stationery (e.g. greeting cards)
- gallon size and quart size freezer ziploc bags
- Other: deodorant, disposable razors, dental floss
- Fun stuff: fragrant candles, women’s socks, 2″ massage balls (not electric)
- Notes of thanks and words of encouragement (see below for guidelines)
- Children’s artwork
- large rolls of packaging tape
- $16 per package for postage
Donated items must be new, not expired, unused and never opened. Hotel-labelled items are not accepted. Due to USPS shipping restrictions, we cannot accept hazardous or highly flammable materials, including aerosols and perfumes. Food items should be self-contained, non-perishable and resistant to high heat degradation. Anything made of glass should be individually wrapped in bubble wrap or a secure box. We accept women’s and leisure magazines if issued within the last 6 months. Women’s oriented books must not be gory or disturbing in nature.
To save on shipping costs, you may also purchase from our Amazon Wishlist or your favorite online retailer!
Have Amazon or other online retailer mail donations to:
9921 Carmel Mountain Road
San Diego, CA 92129
“Thank you for your Service” Notes
Write a “Thank you for your Service” Note
Do not seal the envelope as all notes will be inspected for appropriateness. We do not recommend writing dated material, such as for holidays, as they may not be received in time.
Please help us by asking those participating to donate to OCIB as well to support postage costs. Each care package costs us $16 to ship.
Ship your donations to us for inclusion in our care packages.
- Packaging: it is best to pack bottles upright and avoid crushing to avoid leakage. Packing items in very large boxes is likely to result in leakage and damage to contents. Please wrap all liquid products separately from dry items in freezer ziploc bags. The box used should be taped on all open seams, i.e. in a H fashion.
- Package Slip: In each box you are donating, include a sheet of paper with your name, mailing address, and email address. We will add your email address to our newsletter so you know where and how your donations are making a difference. We may also mention your organization/business’ name regarding your donation. (If you would not like to be added to our newsletter mailing list or mentioned, please clearly state this in your note.)
- Shipping: We encourage you to compare pricing from USPS, UPS and FEDEX. If you are shipping through USPS, note that when you purchase postage online, there is a discount.
Send Donations to:
9921 Carmel Mountain Rd.
San Diego, CA 92129
For large bulk donations, please contact us directly to make arrangements. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Want a donation receipt? Click here.